This week's episode was a like a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. Watch Stitchers season 3 episode 7: 'Just The Two Of Us' here on Freeform, and then read our official recap below.
1. After bouncing, Kirsten finds the lab empty and filled with monitors.
She then finds Cameron, but neither of them can remember why they are there or what case they were working on.
2. They find a hot cup of coffee, which suggests that someone has been in the lab very recently.
They then phone Camille but she doesn't pick up.
3. Cameron calls the NSA. They inform him that "Mother" is looking out for them.
Back at Kirsten's house, the pair search for Camille. They find another hot mug of coffee as well as blackout blinds which Kirsten has never noticed before.
4. Camsten have dinner and discuss Cameron's relationship with his mother.
He admits that his condition put a strain on their relationship. He then goes on to tell Kirsten that everything changed when she met a new boyfriend called Bill who sent Cameron away to boarding school.
5. Kirsten spots a shadowy figure of a woman through the window.
She freaks out and asks Cameron to sleep in her bed that night.
6. After hearing about his mother, Kirsten worries that she doesn't know Cameron as well as she thought she did.
Cameron, on the other hand, proves that he knows everything about Kirsten, including facts about her that she has never told him.
7. The next day, they find another hot cup of coffee back at the lab. They drain it and find a key.
Kirsten investigates the lab further and finds a single puzzle piece in Cameron's locker.
8. Cameron decides to reconfigure the lights to help them see hidden messages behind the static on the monitors.
Behind the static, they find images of people pulling different facial expressions. Kirsten realizes that these are to help people with autism understand emotions.
9. The images then change to arrows that direct them towards the stitch tank. In the tank, they find a puzzle with one piece missing.
Kirsten places the missing piece into the puzzle. Realizing that the puzzle is face down in the tank, Cameron lies underneath the tank to get a look at it. The puzzle shows a house that has a red circle drawn around the garage.
10. Cameron and Kirsten go to the garage shown in the puzzle. They find a vintage car which they are able to start with the key they found in the coffee cup.
They also find a Rubik's Cube in the glove compartment.
11. For some reason, Kirsten and Cameron can't turn the car engine off. With the garage doors locked, they are trapped in a room quickly filling up with fumes.
After some panicking and struggling, the pair finally manage to break the garage door down and escape.
12. Cameron discovers that the Rubik's Cube has been tampered with.
Which means that it's unsolvable.
13. They return to the lab and find that each monitor is now showing a grid of photos.
Cameron is acting strangely, telling Kirsten that he is bad at connecting with people and that he works better alone.
14. Kirsten finds out that the current case the Stitchers are working on is Tom Dewitt.
He was a severely autistic man who committed suicide through asphyxiating himself in his garage. He was also an empath, which meant that he could feel the full depth of people's emotional states.
15. Kirsten suddenly realizes that she is stitched into Tom and that Cameron isn't real.
She is simply experiencing Tom's memories through a filter of her own emotional state. Nothing that has happened over the past couple of days has been real.
16. Cameron challenges Kirsten to shoot him if she doesn't think he's real.
But Kirsten says she can't shoot him and Cameron suggests that that's because she loves him. As Kirsten hands the gun back to Cameron, however, she shoots him accidentally and his body disappears.
17. Kirsten decides to bounce, and apologizes for not solving Tom's case.
She then sees all of the victims of the cases she has helped solve. Finally, Ed appears and urges her not to give up.
18. Kirsten looks at the nine squares of the Rubik's Cube and realizes that the nine monitors in the lab must be a giant puzzle.
She rearranges the screens until she finds the image of a face -- a face she knows.
19. Kirsten bounces from the stitch, relieved to have finally solved the case. Everyone else, however, is confused at the way Kirsten in acting.
20. Kirsten reveals that the killer was Bill -- Tom's mother's boyfriend.
He locked Tom in the garage and started the car. He also made sure to leave behind an unsolvable puzzle that would distract Tom long enough for him to asphyxiate.
21. Kirsten apologizes to Cameron, saying that he must have been so worried. Cameron is confused and reveals she was only in the stitch for three seconds.
Kirsten then says that that was all the time she needed to realize that she loved him and they finally kiss.
Did you solve the mystery before Kirsten? Let us know in the comments.
Rewatch the episode right now on Freeform.