The Stitchers season 3 finale answered some of our burning questions (like who picks stitch cases) only to leave us with another mystery at the end. Watch all the twists and turns of the season finale right here on Freeform, and then check out our recap below.
1. Camsten finally got to release all of that sexual tension.
2. And Camanda decided to move in together.
All our ships are back on course.
3. Commander Denise Nichols turned up dead and the NSA needed access to her secret work room.
It turns out that Commander Nichols was the person who picked the stitch cases and that the truth behind everything is locked inside a voice-activated vault in her home.
4. But Cameron is worried that Kirsten's brain, and the oxytocin filter, might not be ready for such a big stitch.
5. Kirsten struggles in the stitch because Linus didn’t anticipate what would happen if you used the oxytocin filter on someone of Nichol’s age.
While many of the scenes are blurry, Kirsten is able to make out a few details, including an email to terminate her mother. Kirsten bounces from the stitch.
6. Fisher and Kirsten investigate Denise's house and discover that her vault was programmed to accept Kirsten's voiceprint.
7. The stitch team finds a mysterious and complex code that Denise left for Kirsten to find.
It details a series of exchanges between the quantum computer and Kirsten's brain during stitches, but what does it mean?
8. Ivy tries to reach out to Linus one last time.
But he just can't forgive her.
9. Kirsten has another swing at Denise's code, which is revealed to contain detailed tracking info on her mom's location.
10. After tracking down the secret NSA facility, Kirsten finally reunites with her mom...and Ivy and Stinger.
Worst reunion ever.
11. Ivy reveals that she double-crossed Stinger just as Maggie and Fisher arrive to ambush him. A gun fight breaks out.
Turns out Ivy had been working with Maggie the whole time, and the 'termination' of Jacqueline was all a plant to capture Stinger.
12. Kirsten risks her life to stop the gunfight when a stray bullet punctures Jacqueline's pod, threatening to kill her.
13. With no time to lose, Kirsten insists that the lab let her stitch into her mom in order to save her life.
It's a risky move, but it's the only one they've got.
14. Kirsten talks to a captured Stinger, who insists that they'll fail to stitch into Jacqueline without his help.
The worst thing is that he's right. Without him they won't be able to properly stitch into a living sample -- it's never been done before by anybody but him.
15. Cameron accepts Stinger's help, but it's clear he doesn't trust him.
Stinger might be brilliant, but he's deadly too.
16. The first stitch into Jacqueline totally fails.
The team attempted the stitch even after seeing a weird bio-mechanical structure in Jacqueline's brain stem. For a second attempt, Stinger has an idea -- a very dangerous idea.
17. After Cameron punches Stinger for suggesting that Jacqueline and Kirsten should trade places in the stitch, Cameron realizes that he's right.
Stinger's theory is that if Kirsten can concentrate on her love for her mom then Jacqueline's brain can get a burst of energy that will wake her up.
18. Before Kirsten attempts the seriously dangerous stitch, Camsten share a kiss.
Placing a living subject in the corpse cassette has never really been attempted before, so the team have no idea what could happen.
19. Stinger reveals what the strange readings in Kirsten and Jacqueline's brain scans are.
They were nanobots that were used to enable the stitching technology when Stinger first invented it. The nanobots not only make it possible to revive Jacqueline, but turn out to be the secret to how the stitch cases are chosen. Kirsten's brain was receiving information about potential stitch cases, and then ultimately deciding which cases to take. Turns out the true source of all the stitch cases has been Kirsten's brain all along.
20. Though things get seriously dangerous in the stitch, they manage to get Jacqueline out.
21. But afterwards, Kirsten's memories of everything about her time in the stitchers program are gone.
Including her memory of Cameron 💔.
22. Then in an absolutely crazy cliffhanger, it turns out that Kirsten hasn't lost her memory at all.
We've got so many questions 😱.
Who do you think Kirsten's talking to at the end? Let us know in the comments!
And rewatch the