Switched at Birth Season 5 Episode 1 finally aired on January 31, 2017, and it was everything we wanted it to be! We loved seeing the whole Switched at Birth cast back on the screen and we ESPECIALLY loved seeing our two favorite girls - Bay (Vanessa Marano) and Daphne (Katie Leclerc) - once again. Check out our Switched at Birth recap and the eleven things we learned below!
1. Bay and Daphne got matching tattoos.
And they are so cute!
2. Travis and Bay have been dating AND living together in China!
And it seems like they're really happy.
3. But Emmett hasn't been dating Skye for about two months.
What has he been doing all this time?!
4. Kathryn is now the Director of Athletic Enhancement at UMKC.
And she looks absolutely #FIERCE.
5. Luca and Regina have been secretly hooking up.
And because of his age, Regina does not want to go public with their relationship.
6. Emmett might be seriously depressed.
We love you, Emmett!
7. Mingo moved on while Daphne was in China.
Although... did he really?
8. Bay is definitely a tattoo artist now.
Could she get anymore amazing?!
9. Bay might be having second thoughts about Emmett.
She was crushed by their last breakup. But is she really completely over him?
10. Mingo's party costume was a seriously bad judgment call.
You've got to know that's not okay, Mingo.
11. Daphne might not be able to get into any premed courses this semester.
And she is seriously worried about falling behind.