So season 1 episode 7 of The Bold Type marked the end of Sutton's friendship with Brooke, and we couldn't be happier about it. She was toxic, right? She obviously didn't care about Sutton, she pressured her into doing things she didn't want to do, and she was never there for her when it mattered. If, like Sutton, you've known a Brooke Langley, you'll definitely relate to our list below.
1. When you first meet them, they seem like a lot of fun.
Pretty, charismatic, great at selfies, always up for a party ... what's not to like?
2. But you soon realize that "fun" is all they're good at.
Something getting you down? Doesn't matter — it's time to party!
3. They have a lot of connections.
But do they have any real connections? You're starting to think it's impossible for them to make any.
4. They totally take advantage of you.
And you don't quite know how they manage it.
5. You feel like you always have to impress them.
And just being yourself rarely achieves this.
6. You know what? They're not even that nice to you.
But because it's usually "just a joke," you're not allowed to get mad.
7. And while you do so much for them ...
8. They're nowhere to be found the one time you actually need a favor.
9. The bottom line is, their friendship is toxic.
And everyone around you can see it.
10. And soon, you see it too.
Goodbye, Brooke. 👋
Tell us about your Brooke in the comments!
Watch the latest episodes of The Bold Type right here on Freeform.