Jacqueline Carlyle is the editor-in-chief of Scarlet and the queen of our hearts. Over the past two seasons of The Bold Type we have watched her help Jane, Kat, and Sutton in their careers and personal lives. She is basically our role model. It goes without saying that she is a fantastic mentor, but check out all the proof below.
1. She never lets a room full of old white men intimidate her.
Which inspired Kat to speak out about the inequalities in Scarlet's hiring policies.
2. She cares so much about her staff that you can feel her rooting for them in every aspect of their lives.
They're not just employees to her.
3. She gives credit where credit is due.
If her criticisms seem blunt, it's only because she knows that person can do better.
4. She always knows the exact right thing to say.
For example, when Kat was being targeted by trolls and Jacqueline reminded her that she couldn't let people like that tear her down.
5. She pushes people to go out of their comfort zone.
Jane in particular really needed this at the start of her writing career.
6. She's the kind of woman who helps raise other women up.
Instead of keeping them down.
7. But she also helps her protégés face their own failures.
Because she knows how much they can learn from the experience.
8. She always keeps her emotions under control.
It's the reason her staff know they can tell her anything.
9. Jacqueline is willing to make herself vulnerable.
Coming forward about her traumatic experience encouraged others to do the same.
10. She wants the people around her to succeed, even if it's not at Scarlet.
It was more important for her to see Jane grow as a writer than to try keep her at the magazine.
11. She gives the most amazing advice almost effortlessly.
It's like she has the perfect response to every complicated situation.
12. She does what she thinks is right — not what will make her popular.
Rejecting Jane's application to re-join Scarlet was hard for both of them, but it proved how much Jacqueline cares about her mentee.
13. If she can't fix things, she is always available for emotional support.
Sometimes that's all people need — to know someone cares about their problems.
14. She doesn't let anything stand in her way.
There's no better lesson to learn from your mentor.
Relive Jacqueline's best moments by watching The Bold Type right here.
Tell us anything we missed in the comments.