In season 5 episode 8: 'Engaged', Jesus lost his temper with Emma after she said she wasn't ready to be engaged. But Mariana stood up for her former best friend, and pointed out that Emma has been an amazing girlfriend. Check out the list below to see all the reasons why Mariana was right. And remember, you can watch the latest episodes of The Fosters now.
1. She was there for him when he was in hospital, and helped welcome him home.
Since the day of the accident, Emma has been by Jesus' side. Apart from the Adams Fosters, no one has spent more time with him.
2. And when he was stuck at home, she spent all her free time visiting him.
Jesus' TBI meant he wasn't allowed to do anything active or leave the house alone. He needed all the friendship he could get and he would definitely have been bored and frustrated if it hadn't been for Emma's constant companionship.
3. She helped with his therapy in any way she could.
Jesus was often frustrated by the exercises he had to do, but Emma's enthusiasm and positive attitude always made it easier for him. We know she would do anything to help him get better.
4. And when he was at his lowest, Emma was there to cheer him up.
As Jesus started to realize that he might never fully recover, he became sad and prone to mood swings. But Emma's visits never failed to put a smile on his face.
5. Even when she was struggling, she was always thinking about what was best for Jesus.
With her pregnancy and abortion, Emma struggled with whether or not to tell Jesus what had happened. She didn't know if he could handle the stress. Ultimately, she did what she thought was best.
6. And she stuck with him, even after he had accused her of cheating with Brandon.
Jesus thought Emma and Brandon had been hooking up behind his back, and angrily confronted them about it. It would be understandable if Emma was hurt that Jesus' didn't trust her, but she knew that his TBI had made him paranoid.
7. She stayed patient and calm with Jesus, even though his outbursts scared her.
After she found out that Jesus had trashed Brandon's room, Emma briefly drew away from Jesus. But she loved Jesus too much to stay away from him, and she knew he would never hurt her.
8. She helped Jesus and Brandon repair their relationship.
She made Jesus see that his brother only had his best intentions at heart. Jesus and Brandon forgiving each other was a beautiful moment, and it wouldn't have happened without Emma's intervention.
9. She tried to make Jesus see the value in education.
She doesn't want Jesus to give up on his education, but she understands that Jesus needs to return to school for himself.
10. She was honest with him, even though she knew it would hurt his feelings.
Emma has always loved Jesus, but she wasn't ready to be engaged. It would have been easier to hide her true feelings, but it wouldn't have been fair and could have caused a lot of pain in the future. Emma's decision to give the ring back was incredibly brave, and the right thing to do for both her and Jesus.
Catch up with the latest episodes of The Fosters now.
And tell us in the comments if you think Emma and Jesus should get back together.