Callie just can't help but change the world for the better. Her tendency to put herself at risk often has us holding our breath, but we love her determination to fight for what's right. Check out some of our favorite times that Callie stood up for what she believed in below, then catch up on the latest episodes of The Fosters here on Freeform.
1. When she risked everything to rescue Jude from their abusive foster father.
From the very first episode, Callie has been an incredibly brave young woman.
2. When, even though she knew it was likely to result in an innocent verdict due to a lack of evidence, she refused to lie in court about Liam's abuse.
"I want him to go to jail, believe me, but in order to do that I'd have to give up the only thing I have left -- the truth."
3. When she stood up for Cole when some of the girls at the group home refused to respect him.
"Sometimes what's right isn't easy."
4. When, after Sophia's attempt to kill herself, she chose to tell Robert the truth when Sophia lied to him.
This was such a hard decision, but one that definitely saved Sophia's life.
5. When Callie confronted Liam face-to-face after pinning down the evidence to get him put in jail.
It takes guts to be able to face someone who has hurt you so deeply.
6. When she revealed Justina's for-profit company had placed Jack in the same abusive foster home she and Jude escaped from.
Callie knew it could have been her and Jude instead of Jack who died.
7. When she served as a character witness for Daphne's custody hearing.
Callie's had a lot of second chances, and her forgiveness and support of Daphne is just her paying it forward.
8. When she searched for evidence that her ex-foster brother, Kyle, had been wrongly convicted of murder.
While revisiting her past during season 4 episode 4, Callie decided that she had to stand up to the injustice of Kyle's verdict.
9. When she tried to do the right thing by reporting the car crash she was in with Troy to the authorities.
We were all left devastated when she was arrested in season 4 episode 12, but Callie's conscience always persuades her to do the right thing.
10. When she was defiant in the face of Russell, the abusive pimp taking advantage of Diamond.
This must have been terrifying, but she knew she had to act to keep both her and Diamond safe in season 5 episode 1.
11. And when she helped Ximena escape from immigration.
During the summer finale, Callie acted fast when she realized that Ximena was in danger of being deported. She and AJ hid her in a church - a place where the agents cannot enter - and we're all on the edge of our seats, waiting to find out what will happen next.
Tell us your favorite Callie moment in the comments!
And stream the most recent episodes of The Fosters right here on Freeform.