Was it just us, or was season 5 episode 9 one of the best finales of The Fosters ever? It had everything. Tears, laughter, fairy lights, drama, excitement, a prom, make ups, break ups (maybe?), coming outs, and more. Read on to check out all the thoughts we had while watching this amazing episode.
1. Ximena is such an inspiring character.
2. That guy with the beard needs to stop talking.
3. How dare he tell Ximena to go back to Mexico?
4. Ugh, she's arrived. The xenophobic speaker.
5. This show always manages to stay so current.
6. Oh God, is Callie going to get arrested?
7. This is an awful position Callie is in.
8. Oh wow, she's left. Did not see that coming, but glad to see for once she listened to Stef.
9. Yikes. Ximena is not happy.
10. They only need to turn one more board member to save the school? That's amazing news!
11. Classic Drew move.
12. We knew Mariana would make that face.
13. Yes, she will organize the best prom!
14. Why is Grace’s mom making her move?
15. She is way too overprotective.
16. Oh no, Ximena's been arrested, hasn't she?
17. Is Aaron trying to find out whether Callie will lie about AJ being at the protest?
18. "I've saved the prom!" Classic Mariana interruption.
19. So Ximena is okay, but she's obviously angry with Callie.
20. Aww, Callie and Aaron are going to prom together.
21. But what's with all the loaded questions, Aaron? Jeez.
22. Logan's girlfriend is actually a brat.
23. "Should I wear hot pants and torn fish nets?" That's not even funny, Olivia.
24. Mariana, what are you doing?
25. Oh no. Oh no no no no.
26. This fake boyfriend thing will definitely backfire.
27. Ha, Wyatt is actually being incredibly supportive of Mariana's crazy plan.
28. Oh she did not just play the virginity card.
29. Yes. Please do explain how you're not being an overprotective mom to Grace.
30. Wait, Grace isn't well? What does she mean?
31. She's not just going to leave it at that, is she?
32. Grace can't know what?!
33. Why do we have a feeling this isn't going to be good?
35. Oh Grace.
36. She has leukemia?!
37. How will Brandon be able to keep the fact he knows about her illness a secret from her? This is devastating.
38. Fosters writers, why do you do this?
39. Oh goodie, Stef and Tess will be chaperoning the prom together.
40. Maybe they'll finally get over their awkwardness?
41. Aww, the Foster Adams kids look so good!
42. Stef is so sassy.
43. Oh wow. Grace looks absolutely stunning in her prom dress.
44. Not going to cry.
45. Not going to cry.
46. Not. Going. To. Cry.
47. Okay, we're crying.
48. Mariana's prom looks incredible.
49. "Unstable creature"? Best description of Olivia.
50. Oh no, Emma's seen Jesus with Poppy.
51. Wyatt is wasted. Totally wasted.
52. Who's going to be Mariana's fake boyfriend now?
53. Emma's going to get so drunk, isn't she?
54. Stef Adams Fosters, master of direct questioning.
55. How will Tess even answer her question?
56. "That's like me saying, 'I'm not racist, I have a black friend.'" Yup.
57. Tess had to have had feelings for Steph.
58. And Mariana's on the fake boyfriend prowl again!
59. Oh hey Mat.
60. Is Mat flirting with Mariana?
61. Wait, what does he want to tell her?!
62. Well, Aaron does not look happy about AJ being at prom.
63. Will all of this pent-up tension blow up later?
64. How is Ximena able to put such complicated feelings into words?
65. Brandon and Grace have got to stop being so cute.
66. "Let's not talk about anything sad tonight." 😢😢😢
67. Staring contest.
68. "Steal" her? We cannot believe he just said that.
69. Damn straight you're not a piece of property, Callie!
70. So we know Aaron has just totally screwed up, but this can't be the end of them, right?
71. Drunk Emma, still most supportive friend ever.
72. Is Emma going to pretend to be Mariana's girlfriend? We are so on board with this.
73. Yes, here we go...
74. Oh my God, they're kissing. Proper tongue-in-mouth kissing!
75. Stef's face 😂.
76. Can't imagine what must be going through her head right now...
77. Prom is the BEST.
78. Aww, Jesus can't stop looking at Emma.
79. Lucky he didn't see her kiss his sister.
80. They've got to get back together, right?
81. So Monte's argument is pretty sound, but can Lena really leave Anchor Beach?
82. Of course Jude has overheard this conversation.
83. Okay, this Grace-in-tiara moment is pushing us over the edge.
84. These two have got to stop being so romantic.
85. Is Brandon going to tell her that he knows about her leukemia?
86. She has to suspect something, right?
87. "Why are they slow dancing?" Because you broke up with Emma when you shouldn't have.
88. Poppy is so sassy.
89. Uh oh, Emma's going to spew. Jesus, go hold her hair back!
90. Is this the moment that Tess will finally come out?
91. We'd get tired of stupid jealous fights with boys too, Callie.
92. Oh Jesus. That is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to another human being.
93. Emma has to forgive him after that speech, right?
94. Please give him another chance.
95. Oh God, immigration's looking for Ximena.
96. "Is that your girlfriend kissing your brother?" Hahahahahaha.
97. Seriously. This episode can't get any better.
98. Oh wait. Thanks to Wyatt, it just did.
99. Tess has been living a lie all this time? That is rough.
100. So she's finally come out and said it.
101. Man, we feel so sorry for Tess.
102. Where will things go from here? Will she break up with her husband?
103. 😱 What's Stef doing with Ximena?
104. Ohhhhh. Good plan!
105. Poor Mariana.
106. Who on earth is texting her?
107. Wait, Zoe and Mat are just friends? Yassssss.
108. It's Nick who's texting Mariana? Nick?!
109. This cannot be good news.
110. Oh God, Callie's with Ximena.
111. Classic Callie move, putting herself on the line.
112. And now the immigration agents are following them.
113. And Aaron saw Callie and AJ leave prom together.
114. AJ's a good guy. And Aaron it's not what you think!
115. Man, this is such a dramatic finale.
116. What? Lena is actually considering Monte's offer?!
117. Although, to be fair, it is a pretty good offer...
118. But ABCC 💔
119. Grace and Brandon's story line is completely breaking our hearts.
120. Oh please let Ximena make it to the church in time.
121. Oh God, the door's locked.
122. Writers, this is too intense.
123. Please, please, please, please, please.
125. Of course Callie won't leave Ximena 💓
126. Wait, that's the end?
128. When is season 5B coming out?
129. We need it in our lives right now.
What was your favorite moment of the summer finale? Tell us in the comments.
Watch the latest episodes of The Fosters right here on Freeform.