Brandon had a lot of tough moments in season 4.
1. During the Anchor Beach lockdown Brandon and Callie take control of their classroom when the substitute teacher is useless.
Brandon gets in touch with Lena and Monte via the ABC emergency messaging network and lets Lena know that they're safe.
2. Stef blames Brandon for what happened between him and Callie so he moves out to live with Cortney.
Maybe this is a bit rash, but Stef just didn't give him much of a choice.
3. Brandon pushes Callie away after he realizes that it's just easier for them both emotionally.
It's finally time for them to just be friends.
4. He tries to "borrow" some groceries from the Adams Foster household, but Stef stops him at the door.
This drives a bigger wedge between mother and son.
5. To make some extra money Brandon agrees to take the SATs for another student.
This is such a big mistake.
6. While living away from home, he spends most of his savings to help Cortney pay her bills.
The mamas find out and they're seriously not happy.
7. Practicing for his audition at Juilliard and babysitting Mason at the same time ends up being a bit of a disaster.
The makeup says it all.
8. Brandon realizes that he will have to make a choice between Juilliard and Cortney.
He has to do right by himself, but also by Cortney and Mason.
9. Brandon goes to New York for his audition and he falls in love with the city.
He makes his choice to go to Juilliard. He's worked too hard to pass up his future as a musician.
10. Just as he's celebrating his acceptance into Juilliard, Brandon's SATs fraud is discovered.
This ruins his chances of attending his dream school, and it broke our hearts.
11. After breaking up with Cortney, he returns to her place and the couple have one last emotional embrace.
12. While at the hospital visiting Jesus, Brandon meets Grace, a volunteer on the traumatic brain injury ward.
She shows him that you can use music to help repair the brain, and she's pretty cute too.
13. When Brandon sees Emma buying a pregnancy test, he assumes it's for Mariana.
His meddling ends up ruining Mariana's relationship with her boyfriend, Mat.
14. Realizing the test actually belongs to Emma, Brandon promises to help her.
15. Emma asks Brandon to come with her to get an abortion, and he agrees.
We're so glad that someone was there for Emma in such a difficult moment.
16. Grace and Brandon play music at Sharon's wedding (which actually becomes Lena and Stef's wedding).
When Sharon runs away from the ceremony, Brandon convinces Grace to perform her stand-up routine.
17. After getting suspicious of his friendship with Emma, Mariana accuses Brandon of sleeping with her best friend.
He tells her the real reason he's been spending so much time with Emma, and Mariana really doesn't take it well.
18. Brandon tries to prove he deserves to move into the renovated garage by helping Lena out around the house.
Let's just put it this way: he doesn't do a great job.
19. Discovering that Mariana posted about Emma's pregnancy online, Brandon confronts his sister.
Sometimes Mariana just doesn't think before she acts.
20. During the student protest in the season 4 finale, Jesus confronts Brandon about his "affair" with Emma.
Before Brandon can explain, Jesus runs away which forces Brandon to go after him.
Let us know what you think is in store for Brandon in season 5, premiering July 11.
And catch up on the latest episodes of season 4 right here on Freeform.