From Stef's incredibly dark case, to Jesus' frightening seizure after the party, there was a ton of drama in the latest episode, but also some really awkward moments (poor Brandon and Grace). Remind yourself of everything that happened by watching The Fosters season 5 episode 5: 'Telling', now available to stream.
1. Ximena invites Callie to a roller derby fundraising party, but strictly tells her not to let Mariana know about it.
But Callie didn't even know that Ximena and Mariana were friends...
2. Then Callie is approached by an activist hoping to block an anti-immigrant guest speaker from coming to the college.
Callie doesn't want to get involved with anything that could get her into more trouble.
3. Stef starts on a new case in which young homeless boys are being exploited by a pedophile ring.
Cole brings Andy, one of the abused boys, to Stef. She tries to help, but ultimately Andy isn't willing to say much.
4. The Bayfields swing by to invite the Adams Foster family to a barbecue.
Mariana accepts the invitation on everyone's behalf.
5. Mariana continues to try and impress Logan, this time by pretending that she likes running.
All these lies really won't end well.
6. Jesus and Emma finally have a heart-to-heart.
Although she's not happy to hear that he wants to drop out of school.
7. Cole arranges a meet-up with a homeless boy, Josh, who offers to give Stef some crucial evidence on the pedophile ring... for a price.
8. The Bayfield barbecue (which ends up happening in the Adams Fosters' backyard) gets awkward pretty quickly.
Yikes! Seems like the Adams Fosters aren't the only ones with drama.
9. After the mamas make Mariana take Jesus on her "movie date" with Logan, she is forced to tell him the truth about where they're really going.
He just so desperately wants to do something fun for a change... but is it really worth it?
10. At the party Callie meets up with Ximena, who introduces her to Sean... the activist she blew off on campus.
He forgives her for not signing the petition, but thinks she really needs to defend her beliefs.
11. Grace and Brandon decide to play some of their music at the party and it doesn't go well.
Read the room, guys. Soft indie folk music doesn't really fly at a pop-punk roller derby party, anybody could've told you that.
12. A video of the roller derby team playing behind the band reveals Mariana's secret to the Adams Foster siblings.
The cat's really out of the bag now, huh?
13. Dean confesses to Stef that Tess has always missed their friendship.
Did something more serious go on behind-the-scenes that Stef isn't telling us?
14. Tess seriously puts her foot in her mouth while trying to pay Lena a compliment.
This is so embarrassing. 🙈
15. Even though Ximena had a permit, the police arrive to end the party.
Ximena stood her ground at first, but a nervous Poppy convinced her to just end the party. What was Poppy afraid would happen?
16. While Mariana and Jesus are waiting for Callie to pick them up, Jesus has a seizure.
17. Callie tries to reach out to Ximena about how fighting for what you believe in can seriously ruin your life, and then Ximena drops this bombshell.
If Ximena doesn't fight for her rights then she could lose her home -- she doesn't have the same privilege as Callie.
18. Callie goes off on Mariana for being irresponsible with Jesus and for secretly joining the roller derby team.
Callie tells her she was selfish for putting Jesus at risk just because she wanted to go out with Logan. Later Mariana finds out Logan has a serious long-distance girlfriend, and Callie's words sting even more.
19. Feeling guilty after Callie's rant, Mariana tells Lena about roller derby and the party.
20. Callie decides to join the campus protest.
21. After Mariana's confession, Lena goes on the warpath.
First she threatens to send Jesus to an inpatient facility if he doesn't get his act together, then she confronts Stef for choosing work over family and leaving Lena to handle all the drama by herself. We can't blame her, it's a lot to handle by yourself.
22. The mamas make up, then finally come together to remind Jesus that they love him.
In the end, it's love that keeps a family going. We're so glad they remembered that. ❤️
What was your favorite moment from this week's episode? Let us know in the comments!
Stream The Fosters season 5 episode 5: 'Telling' right here on Freeform.