Jude grew up a lot in season 4, and we got to see a different side to his character. He became a lot more independent, adventurous, and just a little bit rebellious. Jude is still adorable though, and we loved watching his relationship with Noah develop. Scroll down for a full recap of Jude's journey, and don't forget that season 5 premieres on July 11.
1. During the school lockdown at the beginning of season 4, Jude and Taylor started talking about religion.
Taylor told him that praying helped her when she was scared.
2. And later, Taylor took Jude to a church youth group, where he met Noah for the first time.
Jude quickly figured out that Taylor was trying to set him up with Noah.
3. At first Jude was hesitant about getting involved with someone new.
It was clear that he still missed Connor a lot.
4. But the two boys got on really well, so eventually Jude asked Noah out.
It was a super cute moment. We loved Connor, but it was nice to see Jude move on and be happy with someone else.
5. After they started dating, Jude realized that Noah used medical marijuana.
Noah's mom gave it to him to help with anxiety.
6. At first, Jude said he wasn't ready for pot. But then they started getting high together.
And Jude even started buying pot at school. Not a smart move when your mom is the vice principal.
7. Callie found out about the pot, and told Noah's mom to stop letting her son give it to Jude.
Jude was furious and said he would never tell his sister anything again. We hated seeing these two fall out, they've always been there for each other.
8. Then the moms caught Noah and Jude smoking, and banned them from seeing each other.
9. Jude and Noah decided to ignore the ban, and keep hanging out.
They were still getting high together, and almost got caught trespassing on someone's boat.
10. The family began to worry that Jude was becoming too rebellious.
Even Brandon noticed his change in behavior: "What happened to that nice kid who came to live with us? I miss him."
11. The moms decided that it was too harsh to keep the boys apart when they clearly cared for each other.
They ended the ban, on the condition that Jude stop smoking pot.
12. Jude began to wonder if he was ready to have sex, but he was frustrated by the lack of gay sex ed at school.
Lena decided to organize a sex education class outside of school for LGBT kids.
13. He tried to meet up with a stranger he met on a dating app as a "practice hook up."
Luckily nothing happened, but the moms were horrified that Jude had put himself in such a dangerous situation.
14. After Lena's sex ed class, Noah and Jude decided to take the physical part of their relationship slowly.
We were glad to see them finally act sensibly.
15. Later, the boys sneaked into school after hours.
Jude wanted to leave a surprise birthday message for Taylor.
16. While they were there, they overheard Drew talking about privatizing Anchor Beach.
Privatizing ABCC would mean that only kids from very wealthy families could attend.
17. Jude tried to keep it a secret, but Mariana revealed everything.
We think Mariana did the right thing, it was too important to keep quiet.
18. In the finale of season 4, Callie and Jude had an emotional heart-to-heart. Jude told her that she was his hero.
She encouraged him to keep standing up for what he believed in, like saving ABCC. It was such a bittersweet moment because at the time we thought that Callie might be going to jail.
What do you think is next for Jude in season 5? Share your thoughts in the comments.
And remember, you can watch full episodes of The Fosters now.