From roller derbies and a disastrous dinner with the new neighbors to secret drones and late night "study" sessions, season 5 episode 3 'Contact' was everything we could have hoped for in an episode of The Fosters. Watch the episode here on Freeform and then check out our recap below.
And they are super badass.
2. Jesus tries and fails to convince the mamas to let him go back to school.
3. Lena reveals that the family is going to have dinner with the new neighbors...and that Stef used to have a crush on one of them.
4. Callie asks the family to take candid pictures of her for her self-portrait project.
Which basically gives everyone an excuse to jump out and scare her like it's Halloween.
5. Brandon and Grace totally hook up.
Afterward, Brandon mentions he hasn't been playing music lately. Grace offers to practice right then with him, instead Brandon suggests they make out some more.
6. Mariana launches an independent Anchor Beach newsletter.
7. Noah feels like Jude is getting a bit addicted to a video game, while Jude thinks Noah is a bit addicted to his medicinal marijuana.
They both agree to take a little break from their habits to spend more time together.
8. Brandon mistakes Grace's invitation to jam as another invitation to hook up.
After an awkward exchange where Grace asks him why he didn't want to play music with her and Brandon says he just isn't in the mood, Brandon leaves.
9. Emma continues to avoid Jesus.
We can feel his heart breaking, but we totally get what Emma's feeling too.
10. The dinner with the neighbors gets really awkward after Tess tells a bunch of stories from Stef's past.
11. Callie goes on a disastrous date with Aaron after he misunderstands what Callie meant when she asked him to plan everything.
12. After their rough evenings, Brandon and Callie have a heart-to-heart.
Brandon tells Callie that the family's photos of her are all different sides of her, while Callie helps Brandon realize that he hasn't been playing music, for himself or with Grace, because he's still mad at himself for what happened with Juilliard.
13. Monte refuses to resign as principal of Anchor Beach, forcing Drew and the board to rethink their plans.
Go, Monte, go.
14. Mariana distributes her newsletter anonymously with a drone from the STEAM club...which gets stuck in a tree.
15. Brandon apologizes to Grace by playing some music for her.
He admits that he's been scared of playing since what happened with Juilliard, but that he still wants to make music.
16. Drew confronts Mariana and the boys from the STEAM club about the drone. He disbands the club after they refuse to rat Mariana out.
17. So Mariana gets away with it...but she loses some friends as a result.
18. Callie tells Aaron the truth about what had been bothering her on their date. They kiss and make up.
When Callie explains to Aaron that she likes to be involved in decisions, he totally gets it because he's a sweetheart.
19. Jude doesn't keep his promise to stop playing his video game.
20. Mariana forges Lena's signature on a permission slip so she can join Ximena's roller derby team.
This won't end well...
21. Jesus overhears Lena admit to Stef that sometimes his angry outbursts really frighten her.
And our hearts broke 💔.
How do you feel about Lena's confession? Let us know what you think in the comments.
The latest episodes of The Fosters season 5 are now available to stream.