The Fosters Season 4 was no easy ride for Stef.
Where do we even start with this one? Stef's life has been nonstop, high-speed drama and there are no signs of it slowing down anytime soon. Catch up on her dramatic and seriously emotional story by checking out our recap below. Don't forget, you can also stream the most recent episodes of The Fosters Season 4 here on Freeform.
1. At the beginning of the season, Stef takes charge of a lockdown at Anchor Beach when Nick Stratos enters campus with a gun.
Stef saves the day, making sure everyone gets out safe and sound.
2. Discovering that Nick has broken into their home, Stef disarms him and rescues Mariana.
We don't even want to think about what might have happened if she wasn't there.
3. Stef grows distant from Brandon as she tries to be a good mom in a tricky situation between him and Callie.
Brandon moves out to live with Cortney and Stef's no-nonsense attitude just pushes him further away.
4. When Lena's career is put on the line after she allowed Gabe to violate his parole, Stef reluctantly agrees to pay the legal fees to have Gabe found innocent.
As if there wasn't enough pressure on their finances already.
5. While trying to build bridges with Brandon's girlfriend, Cortney, Stef discovers that her eldest son has been using his savings to pay for Cortney's expenses.
She tries to keep quiet about it, but hell hath no fury like a Foster Adams mama scorned.
6. When Lena's dad makes a series of poor financial decisions that puts their house in jeopardy, Stef prepares to move the Adams Fosters out of their family home.
She puts on such a brave face during something so scary 😭.
7. Stef struggles to contain her temper when Jesus tries to cover for Gabe's lack of work on the garage, and suffers from a serious head injury as a result.
As it turns out, Gabe is suffering with depression, but that doesn't get him completely off the hook with Stef.
8. After Patrick Malloy, a suspected pedophile, presses harassment charges against Callie, Stef fights for her daughter.
"Listen, I am the police officer here, okay?"
9. Stef finally reconciles with Brandon when she grows concerned about his commitment to his Juilliard audition.
"Please promise, B, that you will not hold back on this audition."
10. After discovering that they no longer have to sell their house, Stef and Lena file for divorce so they can freeze their assets and escape the sale they've already made.
It was a savvy legal move, but that didn't make it any less heartbreaking 💔.
11. Stef interviews for a serious promotion, and discovers that Detective Gray - who threatened to ruin her career - has put in a recommendation for her.
This seriously ticks her off, but she knows she has to keep fighting to get justice for Callie.
12. In the dramatic mid-season finale, Stef is the first on the scene when Nick punches Jesus, knocking him unconscious.
This had us on the edge of our seats 😱.
13. During the Season 4B premiere, Stef, while seriously concerned with Jesus' condition, struggles not to take her frustrations out on a police officer who reports that Nick is pressing charges against Jesus.
We just couldn't believe this was happening.
14. Fed up with the secrets the kids are keeping from her and Lena, Stef removes all of their bedroom doors.
"There are far too many secrets going on around here so the doors are coming off!"
15. After Callie is arrested for fleeing the scene of a car crash, Stef has to juggle her professional duties with her duties as a mother.
Which is made harder by all of Callie's amateur investigating.
16. Stef finally gets her promotion to detective -- and makes the difficult choice NOT to report Detective Gray.
She's really put between a rock and a hard place.
17. When Stef grows worried about Mariana's safety, she offers to teach her self-defense... with pretty hilarious results.
There's a good reason that Lena's the teacher, guys.
18. After Jude uses a gay dating app and almost encounters a very dangerous situation, Stef struggles to contain her worry for her youngest son.
"Promise us you'll never do anything like this ever again."
19. Stef and Lena suddenly decide to get remarried after Stef's mom gets cold feet about her own wedding. It is absolutely beautiful.
We love the mamas so much!
20. Stef takes her first case as a detective. Diamond, an underage sex worker, needs Stef's help to escape her pimp.
Stef and Diamond hit it off right away, and Stef places her in the same girls home that Callie spent time in.
21. Stef and Lena butt heads when Stef's commitment to her new job puts pressure on Lena to run the household by herself.
But, like the great moms they are, they kiss and make up.
22. Detective Gray uses new evidence against Callie to pressure Stef into dropping her Doug Harvey investigation.
There are so many things on Stef's shoulders at this point, it's seriously heartbreaking.
23. When Callie is forced into taking a plea deal that will put her in prison, Stef promises to keep this a secret from the rest of the family until Callie is ready.
Stef races against time as she tries to prove her daughter's innocence.
24. Realizing that Diamond is trying to return to her pimp, Stef sets up a plan to capture him. This fails when Diamond manages to warn him and get away.
Stef frantically tries to search for her, but comes up empty.
25. In the last moments of the Season 4 finale, Stef desperately tries to track Callie's cellphone after she is captured by Diamond's pimp, but tragically drives right by the motel where her daughter is being held.
We just can't believe how intense this finale was for Stef, and the rest of the Adams Fosters too.
Let us know which of Stef's Season 4 moments you loved the most in the comments.
Get ready for the Season 5 premiere on July 11 by streaming the most recent episodes of The Fosters Season 4.