It couldn't just be a simple prom, could it?
From Mariana's crazy fake boyfriend scheme, to AJ and Callie helping Ximena escape from the ICE agents, it was anything but a normal prom night. Watch every dramatic moment of the summer finale here on Freeform, and then check out our recap below.
1. Things seriously heat up at the protest, forcing Callie to leave with AJ.
Ximena is so disappointed in her, but Callie made a promise that she'd stay safe.
2. After the mamas tell the kids that Drew canceled prom, Mariana decides to plan her own.
Planning prom at the roller derby warehouse like a boss. 💪
3. Grace tells Brandon that she's moving back home with her mom.
And that there's nothing they can really do about it.
4. Mariana decides to tell Logan's girlfriend a lie we all know is going to backfire.
This was never a good idea. 🙈
5. Brandon confronts Grace's mom, but then she drops this massive bombshell:
This was absolutely devastating, and worse still that he wasn't allowed to tell Grace that he knew.
6. Mariana recruits Wyatt to be her fake boyfriend, but things don't exactly go to plan.
We could've told her that this was going to fall apart, but once Mariana Adams Foster makes a decision there's no stopping her.
7. Poppy convinces Jesus to forget about Emma and go to prom with her instead.
But Jesus can't stop looking for Emma in the crowd.
8. While chaperoning the dance with Tess, Stef decides to confront her old friend.
Sometimes you've just got to call people out.
9. After not hearing from her since the protest, Callie finally manages to speak to Ximena at the prom, but she's seriously disappointed with Callie, and America.
This is so sad.
10. Aaron's jealousy over Callie's friendship with AJ causes the couple to have an argument.
No matter how you look at it, this was a pretty lame move from Aaron.
11. Mariana tries to ask Mat to dance, but is interrupted by Zoe, Mat's ex-girlfriend.
Although it was pretty obvious that Mat wanted to dance...
12. Feeling rejected, Mariana sits with Emma who comes up with a scheme to fix Mariana's fake boyfriend problem.
We love when ladies support ladies, although this isn't exactly what we had in mind.
13. Poppy gives up on trying to get Jesus' attention.
He's just too in love with Emma.
14. Pointing out that the ABCC board will probably try to fire them, Monte offers Lena a job at another school.
But is dropping the fight for ABCC really the right thing to do?
15. Brandon, determined to give Grace the prom of a lifetime, gives her a gift fit for a total queen.
We wish this moment could last forever.
16. Jesus makes a grand speech to win Emma back.
This kind of ruins Mariana's fake girlfriend plan, but we're so happy that they're back together.
17. Tess admits that she had feelings for Stef, and that she's uncertain about her sexuality.
This was brave, but maybe a high school prom wasn't the best place to do it?
18. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrive looking to arrest Ximena because of her status as an illegal immigrant.
Callie panics, and runs back into the prom to find Stef.
19. Thinking fast, Stef "arrests" Ximena, hoping to use an LAPD loophole to keep her from the ICE agents.
And it almost works.
20. Mariana receives a series of strange texts from someone claiming that they can save Anchor Beach, but before she can discover who it is, Mat asks her to dance.
We have no idea how to feel about this, but if Nick's involved then it can't be good.
21. Realizing that Ximena might still be deported if Stef arrests her, Callie and AJ take Ximena from Stef's car, but end up being chased by ICE agents and seeking sanctuary in a church.
Apparently the ICE agents won't enter a church, another loophole that might just keep Ximena safe.
Share your predictions for what will happen next in the comments.
Catch the latest episodes of The Fosters season 5 right here on Freeform.