Good news, Secret Life fans!
You can now watch every episode of The Secret Life of the American Teenager right here on Freeform. Start streaming this groundbreaking show to see
Molly Ringwald star as Anne Scott (formerly Juergens), the no-nonsense mom of
Shailene Woodley (Amy Juergens). Check out the times she was the best mom below or binge them all for yourself right now.
1. The time she let Ashley wear that tube top, despite knowing how much George (and his ex-wife Kathleen) would disapprove.
Anne knew that all teenagers need a healthy dose of rebellious self-expression.
2. When she let Ashley move out with George even though it hurt her.
Sometimes the right thing to do if you love someone is to let them go, no matter how much it hurts.
3. All the times she supported Amy during her pregnancy.
From first discovering the truth, to helping her figure out her options, to the adoption falling through ... Anne was there for Amy no matter what.
4. When she listened to Ashley's heartfelt plea to try and keep the family together.
Even though she and George had a difficult past, she was determined to make it work for her daughters.
5. And when, despite how hard they tried to make it work, she called off her remarriage to George.
Anne knew that the family would never truly be happy if she and George kept pretending they wanted to be together.
6. When she encouraged Amy to face her conflicted feelings about Ricky and to process the anger she felt towards Adrian and Ben.
Sure, there was a lot of hurt on all sides here and Amy had every reason to avoid it — but Anne was so right about the importance of standing up to it all.
7. And then when she counseled Amy through her anxiety about having sex with Ricky, after she finally decided to be with him.
Most moms are wise, but Anne is just that little bit wiser.
8. That time Anne suspected Amy might not want to marry Ricky.
Moms just know when you're not feeling good about a decision — it's a maternal sixth sense.
9. But she listened to her daughter and threw herself into planning the perfect wedding anyway.
10. And, finally, when Anne confronted Amy about her future right before the heartbreaking series finale.
It might have stung for Amy to hear this, but that's just how tough love works.
Which Molly Ringwald moment from Secret Life was your favorite? Let us know in the comments!
Binge all five seasons of The Secret Life of the American Teenager right now on Freeform.