Did you know that you can binge The Secret Life of the American Teenager for free right here on Freeform with no sign in? Watch it now to avoid any spoilers, then come back to see our recap of everything that went on between Amy (Shailene Woodley) and Ricky (Daren Kagasoff) — right up to the emotional finale.
1. Amy got pregnant after she and Ricky slept together at band camp.
She tried to keep it a secret, but it soon got out and Ricky made it clear that he wanted to be a part of the baby's life.
2. But Amy started dating Ben Boykewich, and
they got married once he found out about her pregnancy.
Ben's heart was in the right place, but it turned out that their marriage was technically illegal.
3. After John was born, Ricky struggled to understand his feelings for Amy and the baby.
But while his dark, traumatic past made him scared of loving another person, he couldn't help falling for his family.
4. Not wanting to burden her, he decided to step back while she was with Ben.
Even though he was hurting, all he wanted was for Amy and John to be happy.
5. But after Ben cheated on Amy with Adrian, she and Ricky started dating.
And everything seemed perfect.
6. During Ricky's valedictorian speech at his graduation, he proposed to Amy.
She said yes while swept up in the excitement and we were living for it.
7. But deep down, everything wasn't really okay.
Both Amy and Ricky had a lot of issues to sort through, but neither was willing to burden the other with them.
8. Ricky admitted that he’d been struggling to feel anything for Amy when they had sex.
He wasn’t in love with her anymore, but how could he admit that to her or to himself?
9. And Amy shared her doubts with Grace.
This broke our hearts.
10. Plus, it was obvious that there were still some feelings between her and Ben.
You never forget your first love ...
11. So Amy decided to call her wedding off ... the night before it was meant to happen.
They were both devastated — but after some hateful words were said, they knew they had to be friends for John's sake.
12. And she left to go to college in New York to pursue her dream.
While this was so sad, we all knew that Amy would be John's mom no matter where she was.
Were you heartbroken after watching the finale? Let us know in the comments!
And don't forget, you can watch the entire season of The Secret Life of the American Teenager right here on Freeform.